Biostatistician / Epidemiologist - Canada
Biostatistician / Epidemiologist
Meer informatie over deze baan >
Reageer op deze vacature via e-mail >
We are currently seeking a Biostatistician/Epidemiologist to be part of our Data Analytics & Evidence Synthesis Research Team at our Sydney, Nova Scotia. The successful candidate will play an important role in supporting our well established Canadian and global health economic and market access services for medical device and pharmaceutical products.
The Value & Evidence team (formerly Cornerstone Research Group) at EVERSANA, is a research group focused on identifying, demonstrating, and communicating the value of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device products for companies in the US, Canada, Europe, and Asia. We offer innovative health economic, health outcomes, market access and data analytic services. We pride ourselves on high-quality work that has been published in a wide range of peer-reviewed journals. Our reputation is for strategic thinking that results in high quality research that meets the needs of our clients, payers, and health technology assessment and regulatory agencies.
Cornerstone has experienced consistent year over year growth due to its focus on superior customer service, great research and clear communication of product value, while maintaining an enjoyable work environment that fosters teamwork and career development. This position will provide the candidate with an opportunity to grow within a company that is an established leader in the consulting industry.
We have an opening for a Biostatistician/Epidemiologist to support studies related to meta-analysis, network meta-analysis, indirect treatment comparisons, health economic models, trial simulation, and exploratory analysis of clinical and real-world data.
• Minimum of an undergraduate degree, preferably in Biostatistics, Statistics, Epidemiology or related field
• PhD or MSc preferred
• Strong basis in fundamental statistical concepts and methods
• Strong statistical programming skills with standard software, including R, WinBUGS/OpenBUGS, SAS, and/or STATA.
• Strong basis in fundamental statistical concepts and methods and familiarity with techniques such as development of meta-analysis, indirect comparisons, network meta-analysis, predictive equations, survival analysis (including parametric methods), longitudinal data analysis, and other hierarchical analysis techniques, etc.
• Practical experience in the application of statistics in health technology appraisal, health economics, outcomes research or clinical data analysis is preferred but can be learned on the job.
• Deep understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to learn quickly.
• Ability to communicate effectively (spoken and written), in non-technical terms, with project team members and clients.
• Work well in a team as well as independently and be able to take leadership role with regard to methodological elements in projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be part of multi-disciplinary research teams to provide statistical expertise and methodological leadership at all stages of projects from planning to communication.
• Working independently to lead statistical aspects of projects.
• Development of statistical analysis plans
• Conduct of statistical analyses
• Report development
• Interpretation and dissemination of findings.
• Participating in meetings with clients to lead discussions around statistical methods and to present results from analyses.
• Overseeing more junior statisticians and/or overseeing their work in the context of projects.
Duties - Client-related
• Foster strong business relationships vital to the success of the project and the acquisition of future projects
• Seek feedback regarding client satisfaction
• Help to identify and communicate opportunities for future collaborations
Duties - Company-related
• Seek and build new business capabilities
• Promote a positive and energetic work environment through effective communication, strong work ethic, and professional conduct
• Provide mentorship and training to colleagues
• Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
• Participate in the identification, development and communication of company standard operating procedures
• Training of other members of staff within the department in statistical methods and programming techniques.
• We encourage work-life balance, ongoing learning and a friendly work environment
• We offer flexible work hours.
• Compensation is competitive and includes a generous bonus program, RRSP program, health benefits, minimum three weeks of vacation, paid December shut-down, free lunch program and discounted gym memberships
• We conduct frequent team learning opportunities and support lifelong learning.
Please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please note the title of the position to which you are applying in the subject line of your email.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. All other resumes will be kept on file for six months in the event that new positions become available.
For more information, please visit the Nova Scotia booth during the fair.