Meer informatie over deze baan >
Reageer op deze vacature via e-mail >
Study drawings, blueprints, and rough instructions to determine what kind of finishing work the project needs. Prepare layouts by using rule framing squares and calipers and mark guidelines on materials. Shape materials according to prescribed measurements by use of saws and planes. Assemble materials and ensure that they are properly fastened together. Assist in building a variety of wood constructed items and modify and adapt to specific needs in a marine environment. Design items on special requests such as bookcases, cabinets and work counters to meet a variety of needs. May be required to perform additional duties deemed necessary by the supervisor for the completion of the job.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare wood structures for finishing by shaping and trimming by hand or power tools;
• Install prefabricated or custom parts such as hatches, marine hardware, metal trim, and seats;
• Layout, cut and assemble boat parts, such as doors, paneling, boxes, rails, and trim;
• Design, build, and install cabinetry for new and refurbished spaces;
• Transfer dimensions to marine plywood and other construction materials using tape measure, square and marking/layout devices;
• Make accurate cuts of wood and other materials using table and chop saws and other related power tools;
• Setting up and removing staging and shelters; and
• Will be exposed to environmental elements as work is conducted inside and outside throughout the year.
• Experience in finish carpentry necessary;
• Additional experience in rough carpentry preferred as well;
• Extensive knowledge of power tools, including skill saw, miter saw and jigsaw;
• Possession of basic hand tools and reliable transportation to job sites;
• Previous shipyard/marine experience is preferred;
• Knowledge of lumber grades and countertop materials;
• Able to move in narrow and restricted passageways, up/down steep and narrow ladders or stairways, and up and down antenna masts, marine slips, and gangways (onboard ships).
• Applicants must be safety conscious;
• Willing to work overtime and weekends as needed to complete projects or meet deadlines;
• Possess the ability to work well both with a team or unsupervised; and
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for this position, is provided.
A. F. Theriault & Son Ltd. is a Canadian boatyard based in Meteghan, Nova Scotia. One of the largest private boatyards in Atlantic Canada, our modern and well equipped facility can produce monohull or catamaran vessels in fibreglass, steel, aluminium or advanced composites. A.F. Theriault places a strong emphasis on construction quality, safety and stability of all boats, builds and repairs.
1 D’Entremont Road, P. O. Box 10, Meteghan River, Nova Scotia, B0W 2L0