Industrial Painter - Canada
Meer informatie over deze baan >
Reageer op deze vacature via e-mail >
Title: Industrial Painter
Reports to: Foreman
The Industrial Painter is responsible to read and interpret blueprints/sketches/specifications, to prepare units for paint and to mix and apply paint.
Roles, responsibilities and duties:
• Perform job duties with care and precision
• Ensure safety of self, co-workers, everyone who may be impacted and that of surroundings
• Use of required Personal Protective Equipments (PPEs) always while working
• Participating in safety culture via reporting.
• Maintain safe work practices
• Operate or tend equipment to clean, blast, wash, strip, sand, remove corrosion, fill dents to prepare items for application of protective or decorative coatings
• Operate or tend equipment to spray or coat paint
Plan and administration:
• Read and interpret blueprints/sketches/specifications to plan work accordingly
• Maintain records and inventory
• Select appropriate paint or mix paints
• Paint small items and apply touch-ups using paint brushes
• Apply paint as per contractual obligations
Clean, maintain and finish:
• Clean and maintain painting and coating, ventilation, compressed air and personal protective equipment
• Prepare and apply stencils, decals or other decorative items on finished products
Training and skills:
• Must have a minimal of 5 years’ experience
• Knowledge of HVLP (High Volume, Low Pressure)
• Overhead crane experience
• Reading text, document use
• Decision making and organizing, significant use of memory and continuous learning
• Safety Orientation
• Ability to handle stress
• Team Player
• Quality Orientation
• Problem Solving
• Accountability and Dependability
• Ethics and Integrity
• Detail Orientation
• Plans work as per blueprints/sketches/specifications/contractual obligations
• Independent operation of equipment as required
• Selects/mixes appropriate paints
• Participates in safety culture via reporting
• Safety Department
• People Services Department
• General Manager
• Quality Control Department
• Employee will work in potentially hazardous environments requiring protective equipment.
• Employee will be exposed to dust, hazardous chemicals, hazardous fumes, high and very low temperatures and high levels of noise – continuous as well as intermittent.
• Employee will be exposed to uncomfortable work settings; may have long combinations of standing, crouching, or sitting.
• Repetitive tasks within a fast-paced environment.
• Employee will work at heights and confined spaces
• Overtime as required
For more information, please visit the Nova Scotia booth during the fair.