Manager, Engineering (Naval Architecture) CSC, Canada
The Engineering manager (Naval Architecture) CSC will be responsible for engineering activities related to general naval architecture, stability, seakeeping, manoeuvring, weight, and ship hydrodynamics for the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) Project at Irving Shipbuilding Inc. This will include, but is not limited to the collaborative development and review of deliverables that may be provided by Subcontractors as well as the development of corresponding prime contract deliverables. This position will participate in Integrated Product Teams (IPT) in partnership with the Warship Designer and Combat System Integrator. This role will report to the Team Lead, Naval Architecture CSC.
Meer informatie over deze baan >
This is a permanent full time role located in Halifax, NS.
• Coordinate Engineering support and expertise to the Senior Project Manager for execution of CSC activities
• Leadership, guidance and coordinator of all engineering design activities related to Marine and Platform Systems the CSC Project
• Leadership of the core Engineering Team
• Technical Experience on all platform and Marine systems related activities
Qualifications and Experience:
• Degree in a discipline of Naval Architecture or equivalent experience. Meets the pre-requisites to eventually achieve Professional Engineering status with Engineers Nova Scotia.
• Ten plus years of ship design experience in the field of naval architecture
• 5 years of experience in a naval shipbuilding environment
• 5 years of experience in a leadership role
• Experience working on naval ship design, commercial shipbuilding, or other large military procurement program
• Experience preparing design products for a ship design or major ship upgrade design program
• Strong personal time management skills
• Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively in English, both orally and in writing
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
• Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised that some positions have been designated as ‘Safety Sensitive’ where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process