Pastry Cook 1
Pastry Cook 1- Job details
Meer informatie over deze baan >
Reageer op deze vacature via e-mail >
Job type: Full-time
Full Job Description
Digby Pines Golf Resort and Spa is seeking a Pastry Cook 1.
We are a year round property with potential for growth.
Days, Evenings and Weekend Shifts are required.
- Five years of experience working in a pastry/baking environment
- Previous employment experience in the pastry/baking/cooking trade an asset
- Candidate must have team spirit to compliment our kitchen brigade
- Employee must supply tools of the trade
The Pastry Cook 1 is responsible and accountable for:
- Displaying advanced pastry/baking fundamentals in: cake masking, piping, cake decoration, baking,
- Showing good attitude toward position and service
- Display integrity towards the industry/position
- Assisting the Pastry Chef in preparation, baking and presentation of food items as per menu.
- Volume preparation of pastries for functions and dining room. Related duties to prepare and bake pastries
- Quality of dessert/baking preparation meet the standards established by the Pastry Chef
- Use proper safety procedures
- Control food waste
- To be able to liaise with the rest of the kitchen team to achieve a cohesive unit in the kitchen and ensure good communication as it pertains to functions, meal periods and other misc. opportunities.
- To work as part of a team
- To coach novice pastry team members to increase their value to the team
- Continuous cleanliness of the station during shifts
- Other duties as requested by supervisors
Digby Pines Golf Resort and Spa provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. The Resort is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.