Software Engineer, Estonia
Meer informatie over deze baan >
Reageer op deze vacature via e-mail >
Guardtime is a global company developing the core technology, applications, and tools for ensuring the integrity of systems, processes, and data, at a massive scale, in real-time. We started in 2007 with the goal of eliminating the need for trusted authorities within Estonian Government networks. Today our KSI Blockchain technology is applied in defense, telecom, health & life sciences, financial services, energy, government, and other areas.
About The Role
Our development team is located in Tallinn and Tartu, being part of an international organization where most of the partners and the growing market is overseas.
Your mission is to work on solutions regarding the design, implementation, testing, and documentation of our software components.
KSI Blockchain is being used in very different areas, from shipping to space, from health to energy. Your assignments might vary the same. On one day you will be securing patient information in a cross-national system, next day securely connecting energy producers to customers and on third revolutionizing maritime insurance.
• Build prototypes for visualizing and validating concepts
• Develop and maintain products and tools based on existing technologies
• Consult external partners on best practices and Guardtime technology
• Support team members in accomplishing mutual goals
• Strong development background with scalable systems
• Experience in developing web services
• Experience in rapid prototyping, agile development
• Result oriented and eager to learn
• BSc or MSc degree in CS or equivalent years of work experience
• 3+ years of hands-on programming experience in an object-oriented programming language
• Some experience with scripting languages
• Familiarity with networking and data format standardization
• Good knowledge of basic network protocols
• Confidence in expressing product development ideas to a variety of business and technology focused people
• Excellent communication skills, willingness to work in the multicultural and multi-language company
• Ability to work with team and partners in multiple geographical locations
• Fluent in English
Why work at Guardtime?
1. Solving a Serious Problem
In order to mitigate a trillion-dollar cybersecurity problem that plagues our society, the question of systems and data integrity needs to be answered. We know how to do that.
2. Industrial Blockchain Technology
The KSI® blockchain can process a trillion transactions per second, uses close to zero power and most importantly scales at O(t) complexity as opposed to O(n). It's made for industrial scale.
3. Best Experts Working With You
We're a systems engineering firm that supports our ecosystem of partners who deliver blockchain based systems integrity solutions to governments and enterprise. Through our partners we impact and improve the lives of every digital citizen.