Structured Communications Technician - Frontier Technologies - Canada
Structured Communications Technician
Meer informatie over deze baan >
Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia
The Kerr Group of Companies is one of Canada’s largest Telecommunications Support and Workforce Optimization organizations. Since 1997 we have grown to almost 150 employees located in ten offices across the country. We are proud of our reputation for the highest level of service for our valued customer and the best work environment for our exceptional employees. As we continue to grow, our goal is to stay connected to our values and committed to the same standard of excellence that got us where we are today. Kerr Group operating companies are Frontier Technologies and Northern Business Intelligence.
Frontier Technologies has an immediate opening for a full-time Structured Communications Technician in HRM, NS. If you are independent, motivated and are looking for a career with growth potential, this might be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Daily Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation, termination and testing of network cabling, including copper and fiber optic.
- Installation and commissioning of security systems including intrusion, access control, and closed circuit television systems.
- Understanding and knowledge of telecommunication infrastructures and voice and data communications applications.
- Testing and troubleshoot communication equipment.
- Interpret construction drawings and adhere to BICSI & EIA/TIA standards.
- Maintaining assigned vehicle and tools.
- One year of experience in structured wiring
- Completion of secondary school (Grade 12)
- Electronics course work considered and asset
- Security system installation experience considered an asset
- Ability to install hard wired and wireless security alarm & CCTV equipment at various sites
- Experience with such product lines as; Kantech, DSC, Interlogix, Hik and ICT
- Computer and network knowledge
- Excellent people skills, communication skills (Verbal and in writing), and self-management skills.
- Organizational & multi-tasking skills – can prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and be creative in completing task.
- A commitment to continued learning and skills development
- Customer service skills.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends based on project requirements
- Comfortable working at heights.
We’re looking for people who are passionate about what they do, who believe in our core values and want to go above and beyond for our customers every day. If you have a strong work ethic, rise to the challenge, and are motivated by a job well done, we want to hear from you!
To express interest in this opportunity, please apply online by visiting the careers section of our website: www.kerrgroup.ca
We thank you for your interest in Kerr Group of Companies. All qualified applicants will be considered, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
For more information, please visit the Nova Scotia booth during the fair.